Major Development Advisor
Permanent Full-Time Position
(with Part-Time option available)
Commencing Salary - $81,311.12 p.a + 9.5% Superannuation
Who we are
Moorabool Shire is centrally located between Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat. An easy 45-minute drive against the traffic!
Our growing community has over 32,000 people throughout the Shire, offering residents picturesque and friendly surrounds with the vibrancy of an actively growing community. Our residents enjoy an urban lifestyle in towns like Bacchus Marsh or take advantage of Moorabool's smaller towns and hamlets, rural open spaces and natural surrounds.
What we can offer:
- Flexible working arrangements available
- GMHBA Health Cover available
- Social Club & Staff benefits
- Employee Assistance Program Support
- Strong Values with a life/work balance
- Opportunity to contribute in making a difference in the lives of the community and staff
About the role
As the Major Development Advisor within the Community Planning & Economic Development Directorate you will provide project management assistance to the Coordinator in relation to large-scale and complex projects of a strategic nature to ensure high quality development outcomes that meet Council's strategic intent.
You will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders on nominated projects and providing technical and logistical support to the Coordinator when engaging/consulting/negotiating infrastructure related investment from both public and private entities. The position is based in Darley, however there is an option to work from the Ballan office.
To excel within this role, you will need to demonstrate high-level liaison, negotiation and project management skills, with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of projects, timelines and staff resources.
Applications must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Planning or related discipline (e.g Engineering, Environment etc) with experience in project management providing multi-disciplinary outcomes. Local Government/private sector experience highly regarded
- Demonstrated high-level and extensive project management skills to be able to manage a complex and diverse portfolio demonstrating a combination of technical expertise as well as political, social, legal, economic and financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-level reports for Ministers, Executive Management and Councillors providing correspondence as required, usually incorporating advice and recommendations on complex investment projects, policy, industry development and/or the investment climate in Victoria
- Previous experience dealing with sensitive community issues
Please visit our website to download and read the full PD then apply online @ http://moorabool.recruitmenthub.com.au
Applications must include a covering letter, resume and response to the key selection criteria from the PD online by 5.00pm, Friday, 3 April 2020.
For further information, contact Vanessa Osborn, Coordinator Major Developments on (03) 5366 7100.
Moorabool Shire Council is proudly committed to:
- Being a family friendly, equal opportunity employer
- Promoting the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children under the age of 18
- Supporting the Human Rights Charter
**Please be advised we do not accept applications through agencies**
Only those with the right to work in Australia will be considered.