Executive Manager People & Culture
Permanent Full-Time Position
Generous Package negotiable
Who we are
Moorabool Shire is a fast-growing semi-rural municipality 45 minutes from Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat with a population of over 32,000 throughout the whole Shire. It offers residents picturesque and friendly surrounds with the vibrancy of an active growing community. The Shire's landscape provides an array of living options. Residents can enjoy an urban lifestyle in towns like Bacchus Marsh or take advantage of Moorabool's small towns and hamlets, rural open spaces and natural surrounds spanning more than 2,110 square kilometres. Moorabool consists of 64 localities, hamlets and towns. More than 74% of the Shire comprises of water catchments, state forest and national parks.
Moorabool Shire is seeking a professional who will embrace, lead and drive important change by influencing attitudes and behaviours to deliver the Council's values. This role will have a focus on accountability, performance and reward impacts and ensure an efficient, consistent and customer focused delivery of People services to the organisation while supporting staff through development and change.
As a key adviser to the CEO and broader executive team, you will become trusted for your advice and be a key business partner for leaders across the organisation. You will be responsible for providing strategic insights and operational performance reports that provide evidence on the health of the organisation, employee experience and emerging trends.
What you will do:
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Learning and Development
- Build and manage people systems that deliver our strategic objectives
- Building Leadership Capability
- Internal Communications
- Change Management
- Strength Profiling and 360 Feedback debriefs
What we can offer
Why Work for the Council
This role is a unique opportunity to make the next step in your career within an organisation that is currently going through an exciting period of transformation and change within a caring and supportive working environment. Moorabool Shire Council offers flexible working arrangements to support a healthy life/work balance for all staff and encourages their career development.
Applications must have
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably post graduate in business, human resources or relevant related field.
- Extensive experience and a record of achievement in Organisational Development, and Human Resources including managing the delivery of outcomes within complex and changing work environments
- Extensive experience in leadership of diverse and highly skilled professional teams
Please visit our website to download the full PD and apply online @ http://moorabool.recruitmenthub.com.au. Applications must include a covering letter, Resume and response to the key selection criteria from the PD online by 5.00pm, Friday, 29 March 2019.
For further information, contact Derek Madden, CEO on (03) 5366 7100.
Moorabool Shire Council is committed to:
- Being a family friendly, equal opportunity employer
- Promoting the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children under the age of 18
- Supporting the Human Rights Charter
**Please be advised we do not accept applications through agencies**
Chief Executive Officer