Manager - Governance, Risk and Corporate Planning
Attractive TRP will be offered
Who We Are
Moorabool Shire is a fast-growing semi-rural municipality 45 minutes from Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat with a population of over 32,000 throughout the whole Shire. It offers residents picturesque and friendly surrounds with the vibrancy of an active growing community. The Shire's landscape provides an array of living options. Residents can enjoy an urban lifestyle in towns like Bacchus Marsh or take advantage of Moorabool's small towns and hamlets, rural open spaces and natural surrounds spanning more than 2,110 square kilometres. Moorabool consists of 64 localities, hamlets and towns. More than 74% of the Shire comprises of water catchments, state forest and national parks.
As a Manager you will be responsible for coordinating the process of Council Elections, By-Elections, associated activities, Freedom of Information Requests, implementing and developing the strategic and sustainable risk management strategies, plans and the Council's Risk Management policy and Risk Management practices.
Assist by Contributing to the shaping and championing the Councils' vision and goals; translating broad strategy into practical outcomes. Oversee the collection and dissemination of information and implementation monitoring and review of Council's Occupational Health and Safety Strategy including an Occupational Health and Safety Management System and Council's Risk Management Policy and Framework, Strategic and Corporate Risk Registers.
What we can offer:
- Tertiary Study opportunities available
- Social Club & Staff benefits
- Strong Values with a life/work balance GMHBA Health Cover available
- EAP support
- Opportunity to contribute in making a difference in the lives of the community and staff.
Applications must have:
- Qualifications in business, governance or risk or relevant related qualifications.
- A sound understanding of corporate governance, public administration and document management in a Local Government context.
- Proven experience in successfully leading a complex and extensive portfolio, preferably in a service or Government related field.
- Highly refined stakeholder engagement and management skills, including influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, resolve complex issues and make sound decisions
- Ability to gain cooperation and assistance from Council staff and senior management in achieving objectives
Please visit our website to download the full PD and apply online @ http://moorabool.recruitmenthub.com.au
Applications must include a covering letter, Resume and response to the key selection criteria from the PD online by 5.00pm, Friday, 29 March 2019.
For further information, contact Danny Colgan, General Manager Community Development on (03) 5366 7100.
Moorabool Shire Council is committed to:
- Being a family friendly, equal opportunity employer
- Promoting the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children under the age of 18
- Supporting the Human Rights Charter
**Please be advised we do not accept applications through agencies**
Chief Executive Officer