Manager Strategic and Sustainable Development
Attractive TRP will be offered
Moorabool Shire is a fast-growing semi-rural municipality 45 minutes from Melbourne CBD, Geelong and Ballarat with a population of over 32,000 throughout the whole Shire. It offers residents picturesque and friendly surrounds with the vibrancy of an active growing community. The Shire's landscape provides an array of living options. Residents can enjoy an urban lifestyle in towns like Bacchus Marsh or take advantage of Moorabool's small towns and hamlets, rural open spaces and natural surrounds spanning more than 2,110 square kilometres. Moorabool consists of 64 localities, hamlets and towns. More than 74% of the Shire comprises of water catchments, state forest and national parks.
As a Manager you are responsible for contributing to, shaping and championing the Councils' vision and goals; translating broad strategy into practical outcomes. Oversee consultant projects, development and implementation of work programs for the ongoing revegetation, weed control and environmental enhancement. Lead, preparation and articulation of strategic plans and policies. Provide advice on Council's strategic planning sustainability, urban design and community infrastructure planning policies and procedures.
What we can offer
- Tertiary Study opportunities available
- GMHBA Health Cover available
- Social Club & Staff benefits
- EAP support
- Strong Values with a life/work balance
- Opportunity to contribute in making a difference in the lives of the community and staff.
Applications must have
- A relevant degree in Town Planning and eligibility for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia, preferably with post graduate qualifications in business management or a relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of Victorian planning systems and controls and inter-agency relationships.
- High level and extensive project management skills to be able to manage a complex and diverse portfolio demonstrating a combination of technical expertise as well as political, social, legal, economic and financial acumen.
Please visit our website to download the full PD and apply online @ http://moorabool.recruitmenthub.com.au.
Applications must include a covering letter, Resume and response to the key selection criteria from the PD online by 5.00pm, Friday, 29 March 2019.
For further information, contact Satwinder Sandhu, General Manager Community Planning on (03) 5366 7100.
Moorabool Shire Council is committed to:
- Being a family friendly, equal opportunity employer
- Promoting the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children under the age of 18
- Supporting the Human Rights Charter
**Please be advised we do not accept applications through agencies**
Chief Executive Officer